[ From Butch Ross ] Webcast Wednesday plus Shows and Workshops this weekend WV, PA, OH

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Tue Oct 4 14:36:29 EDT 2016

Upcoming Shows:

Fri. Oct 7, 2016 7:00 PM - Martinsburg, WV (US)
First Friday Concerts
4599 Shepherdstown Rd.
Martinsburg, WV 25401
(304) 676-4422
https://www.facebook.com/First-Friday-Coffeehouse-403869326350259

Sat. Oct 8, 2016 10:00am
3 Dulcimer Workshops in Lancaster, PA
Grace United Church of Christ
1947 New Holland Pike
Lancaster, Pa 17601
lancasterdulcimer.com

Sat. Oct 8, 2016 7:00 PM
Ducimer Concert
Grace United Church of Christ
1947 New Holland Pike
Lancaster, Pa 17601

Sun. Oct 9, 2016 6:00 PM
The Leo Coffeehouse
Zion United Church of Christ
2301 Indian Mound Avenue
Norwood (Cincinnati) OH
Workshop Beforehand $5

Ah! fall has finally fallen in the south.

The A.C. in the car failed back in April and Chattanooga has had 95 days of
95 degree weather this summer. So when the weather broke like a fever, I
gleefully flung open the windows. I woke up last week in bed freezing from
the weather drop, it was fantastic.

While that is NOT why I haven't been on the road so much, it still seems as
if I'm making up for it October. There are some awesome gigs coming up this
month, including a return to the Southeastern Ohio Folk Festival, The first
ever Black Mountain Music Festival and my parents 50th wedding anniversary!

But let's talk about this week already. I'll be returning to the First
Friday Concert Series in Shepherdstown WV, a wonderful monthly concert
series that I've been looking forward to revisiting since the last time I
was there.

Then it's off to Lancaster, Pa for a day of workshops and a concert at the
Grace United Church of God. And then capping off the weekend with a concert
at the Leo Coffeehouse in Cincinnati, always one of my favorite places to
play.

Lastly (or more accurately, firstly) this Wednesday I'll be doing a fall
tour concert window preview show. This will give me the chance to preview
some of the new music on my upcoming CD release "Found Objects," try out
arrangements of songs from "People, Places, Things" as well as some tunes
I've never played live before. There won't be too many old favorites (those
will happen at the live shows tho') but as this is a chance to try out new
ideas, it's possible that you may only ever hear some of these songs once.

One final thing. Thanks to Karl Schmidt for simultaneously naming the new
album and unintentionally shaming me for forgetting my folklore roots.
"Found Objects" is the name of the new CD, he get a signed copy of it when
it comes out. Oh! And I was kidding about the folklore-shaming, that's
probably a good thing. No one wants to buy a record called "bricolage"* :-)

See you on the road.

Those shows again.