[ From Butch Ross ] FLA shows this weekend and TITLE MY NEW CD!

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Wed May 25 10:29:19 EDT 2016

Saturday, May 28 - 10am
10am – Lakeland Farmers Curb Market
N. Kentucky Ave at E. Pine St. & Bay St. in Downtown Lakeland.
863.687.8910

Sunday, May 29 - 9am
wildwood church
100 Ox Bottom Rd.
Tallahassee, FL 32312
(850) 894-1400
wildwoodchurchonline.com

Tuesday, May 31st - 9am
3 workshops with The Dedicated Dulcimers of Dunedin, Florida
Keys to the Kingdom (a FUN theory bootcamp for all levels)
Tunes in 3 parts (All levels learn to play together)
Beatles (a hand ful of fun and easy tunes)
To attend contact Roxie Smith at: ozonatunester at gmail.com

I have a new album coming out soon. Well I dunno if new is exactly the word
I want to use. I was going through some old files recently and discovered
that had about a dozen or so songs that were orphans. Tunes that I had made
for compilations, Dulcimer Players News articles, odd special projects or
just musical experiments. In short, one-offs that were never intended for a
compilation. But I put them all in a playlist and found that they all kinda
hung together, despite being sometimes wildly different genres. So I’ve
putting the finishing touches on that, adding some tunes that I’ve always
wanted to record (While My Guitar Gently Weeps and the version of Liza Jane
I’ve been playing recently) and am just about ready to put it out.

But for the first time ever, I’m stumped for a title. The working title has
been “All This Beauty Found Lost in a Drawer.” But that’s both terrible and
pretentious and anyway I never use the working title in the finished
product (I’m just weird that way).

So I’m offering you the opportunity to give this thing a title, it’s a
collection of odds and sods gleaned from the back corners of my
metaphorical closet. Hard to create a title  without hearing the music, I
know. But here’s the tracklist (along with links to a lot of these tunes).

Manifesto (feat. Utah Phillips) - a new tune
Camp Meeting on the 4th of July - https://youtu.be/tupMOYewJtc
Cluck Ol’ Hen (parts 1 and 2) - https://youtu.be/gVY6cun01DA
While My Guitar Gently Weeps - https://youtu.be/v_I8nlcJGcA
Hunting the Buffalo - https://youtu.be/M49zrvo6MeE
Idioteque - https://youtu.be/gRAw_CGo490
Fragile - https://youtu.be/0q62jKhMkBk
Little Liza Jane
The Drop ( a remix of “Someday This Will All Be Underwater” featuring Tim
Hinck)
Red Dress -
https://soundcloud.com/hearthesteps/red-dress-t-birds-and-torinos-mix
Chiaroscuro - http://charlesallison.bandcamp.com/track/week-19-chiaroscuro
1964 Dodge
Shady Grove (throw back the echoes remix) - https://youtu.be/SB8X1TQ4oa0
(this is a live loop version)

If I use your suggestion OR if your suggestion inspires whatever title I
come up with, I will give you a signed copy of the CD as well as whatever
else I decide to make with it (T-shirts, a tab book or whatever).

Alright that’s all for now. This trip to Florida has some open dates on it,
so if you’re interested in doing a house concert or something of that ilk,
get in touch with me (butch at butchross.com) and we can set something up.
Otherwise, here’s where I’ll be.

To attend contact Roxie Smith at: ozonatunester at gmail.com

See you on the road.

--
--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro