[ From Butch Ross ] New Christmas Book and Free Tab (also a gig if you're in Chattanooga)

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Tue Dec 13 06:40:20 EST 2016

Thursday, December 13 - 7pm
River City Sessions
at GranFalloon
400 E Main St. #120
Chattanooga, TN
tel:423-661-3185
granfalloonchattanooga.com

Merry Christmas, Seasons Greetings, Maha Kalikimaka and Happy New Year to
everybody.

Just wanted to drop you all a quick note to let you know what's been
happening around BrHq.

I've posted some free tab on the website, it's right there on the homepage (
www.butchross.com). "O, Little Town of Bethlehem" is available for both Uke
and Dulcimer. The dulcimer version I did for a student of mine some years
back and thought I'd share it with you. It is not Merv Rowley's excellent
1-3-5 arrangement (that ppears on both my Christmas Card CD and Book) but
rather is in standard DAD tuning (capo IV).

The Ukulele arrangement I worked up for last year's "Crash Bang Christmas"
CD. and speaking of...

The Crash Bang Christmas CD I released last year is availble now as a book.
And while the CD itself has crazy over the top arrangements with drums and
whatnot. The tunes themselves are actually pretty straightforward. 13 songs
including "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring," "In The Bleak Midwinter,"
"Christmastime is Here" (in a 1-3-5 tuning). And three songs from the
Nutcracker: Waltz of the Flowers, Dance of the Sugarplum Faries (both for
chromatic) and Trepak (the Russian Dance). Trepak is a rocking variation on
Ron Zuckerman's arrangement of that tune. It's hands down the most
complicated piece I've eer recorded and tabbed (and it's only 90 secconds
long!). And one of my absolute favorites.

Both of the CDs are available for download at butchross.bandcamp.com but
there are also links to the bandcamp site on my website, right next to the
tab.

Finally, two music performances for you. If you're in the Chattanooga area,
Trish and I will be performing on the "River City Sessions: An Appalachian
Christmas" This is a variety show much like Red Barn Radio, or Kentucky
Homefront. It features poets, storytellers and folk musicians like yours
truly. I know most of you on this list are not in town but this is a taped
radio show that will be broadcast on WUTC on the last Sunday of the month,
which this year is... Christmas. You can listen online at wutc.org