[ From Butch Ross ] California Here I Come! Plus Beatle Uke Book News

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Mon May 25 23:01:35 EDT 2015

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 7:00 PM
Berkeley Dulcimer Gathering -- Dulcimer Concert
Freight and Salvage
2020 Addison Street
Berkeley, California
Phone 510-644-2020
http://www.thefreight.org/berkeley-dulcimer-gathering-dj-hamouris

May 30, 2015 - 9:00 AM
Berkeley Dulcimer Gathering -- Workshops
Freight and Salvage
2020 Addison Street
Berkeley, California
http://www.thefreight.org/berkeley-dulcimer-gathering-dj-hamouris

May 31, 2015 - 4:00 PM
Workshop and Ukulele Concert
The Strum Shop
408 Roseville Square
Roseville (Sacramento), CA
$20 per person admission to concert is free (if you attend workshop)
http://thestrumshop.com/calendar

Yeah, I'm sure I'm the 50,000th dude to title an email with that
phrase. Thing is, everyone who's ever said that thinks that they're being
clever.

Anyway, this week I'm off for the first time to the Berkeley Dulcimer
Gathering in über-liberal
(And über inventing) Berkeley, California (no word yet on whether or not
I'll need a passport to get into it).

All joking aside, I'm super looking forward to seeing old friends whom I
haven't seen in forever, as well as making of new ones. The last time I was
in the Bay area, I wasn't yet a dulcimer player. I played a terrible gig at
a place called "brainwash"  'cuz it was a Monday and free laundry was part
of the contract. (It really was/is a great place, just not on the night I
was there). This time I'll be at the Freight and Salvage, a venerable venue
and a bucket list destination for any erstwhile folkie. No kidding, this
one goes on the resume.

Then on Sunday, I'll be in Sacramento (or very close to it) teaching a Uke
Workshop and playing some tunes afterwards. Which brings me to my next
thing…

BEATLES UKE BOOK INFO

For those of you who have been patiently waiting (some since OVG) for the
CD that comes with the Beatles Uke book, I have good news. It's DONE! If
you've ordered it and gave me your address, it's in an envelope and on it's
way to you. It won't be on my website 'til I get back from Cali, but it
should be available online at prussiavalley.com or Folkcraft.com the next
week or so.

Some of you have written thinking that the CD is actually a DVD. I'm sorry
if I wasn't clear about that. BUT all those videos of me playing the songs
will be available on YouTube, for free, in the next few days. The easiest
way to get on board with that is to go to my Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/ButchRoss and subscribe. If you don't want to
that (Hey, I get it, I’m on more lists than I want to be too), you can
always just remember the URL and check back in a few days.

Anyway, that's the news for now. Amazing things have been happening both in
front of and behind the scenes and will continue to. Hope you can be a part
of it.

C-ya out there.

-Br
www.butchross.com