[ From Butch Ross ] Florida Tour Starts Staurday!

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Wed Jan 7 17:22:41 EST 2015

Saturday, Jan. 10 - 10am
10am – Lakeland Farmer’s Curb Market
N. Kentucky Ave at E. Pine St. & Bay St. in Downtown Lakeland.
863.687.8910

Sat., Jan. 10 - 8pm
Tony B’s Wine Bar
213 East Bay Street
Lakeland, FL
863. 688.3469
http://www.tonystudiob.com

Sun., Jan. 11 - 10am-12pm
Uke Brunch and Workshop
at the home of Becky Abel
Contact: Becky 863.640.1763

Monday, January 12 - 7:30
Cabin Hill House Concerts
Tallahassee, FL
Contact: Linda Collins to RSVP
850.671.3674

Thurs, Jan. 15
The Hideaway Café
1756 Central Ave
St. Petersburg, FL
727-644-7895 <727.%20644.7895>
www.hideawaycafe.biz/

Sat, Jan 17 - Sun. Jan 18
South Florida Folk Festival
Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, Fort Lauderdale
with Brother Sun, David Roth, Harpeth Rising and many, many more.

Tuesday, January 20 - 12pm
Dulcimer Workshop
Whitfield Epicurean Church
7045 Tamiami Trl.
Sarasota, FL
Contact: Carolyn to register  941.807.3673

Hello all:

The Florida Tour starts this weekend, and looking at the weather forecast
not a moment too soon!

Before I went to Florida for the first time, I never really felt the need
to go to Florida. As a nearly lifelong Yankee, I felt toughing it out all
winter was my duty. Then Bing Futch invited me to the first Key West
Dulcimer Fest. and 5 inches of snow fell in Chattanooga. I know 5 inches
isn't much if you live in say Chicago, but here in Chatt' it's a thing.

So now I try to get myself down there once a year, to soak up the sun and
get my feet in the sand. Never thought I was that kinda person. But it
turns out I am. :-)

So anyway, teaching a few Uke and Dulcimer workshops, but mostly playing
gigs, seeing old friends and staying warm. If you, or someone you know, is
in the area and wants to come check out one of the shows, by all means do.

There may some other things happening down there during this tour. Last
minute stuff that is still in the works. If so, I'll let you know. Watch
this space.

Here's hoping you all had a great holiday season, and that your 2015 is
filled with success, love and happiness
And come out to a show!

Those shows again...

[...]

C-ya out there.

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro