[ From Butch Ross ] Workshop in FL Thursday, Beatles book update, and I NEED YOUR HELP!

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Tue Apr 21 21:57:52 EDT 2015

Even if the shows and the Beatles Uke book stuff aren't relevant to you,
please scroll down to I NEED YOUR HELP!

Thursday, April 23 - 9ish to 5ish
The Dedicated Dulcimers of Dunedin Fl.
Three workshops: Rhythm; Box Method; Great Tunes nobody plays
$45 for the day.
Contact Roxie Smith at: ozonatunester at gmail.com

Thursday, April 23 - 7pm
The Hideaway Cafe
1756 Central Ave, St Petersburg, FL 33712
Phone:(727) 644-7895
www.hideawaycafe.biz
Open mic featured act. Free.

I don't know why I do this. I've been busting my hump so that I could get
all this info into one email. I could have just as easily sent you three
short ones I guess. But I work best when I'm against a deadline.*

Anyway, I have these workshops and shows coming up this Thursday. There
were more show, if you're curious, but stuff happens. Such is life on the
road. If you're in the St. Pete/Tampa area, I'd love to see you.

THE BEATLES FOR UKE
Many of you picked up a copy of my new book of fingerstyle arrangements for
the Ukulele of Beatles tunes. If you have, then you know that there is a CD
that's supposed to come with it. Well, I have a little story to tell you...

I got the bright idea that as I was recording the music, I should film it
too. Then you could see fingerings, what my hands were doing, etc. It's a
good idea, but one that takes A LOT more work than I thought it would. Not
only do I have more programs and technology to learn about, I also haven't
learned the shortcuts that make the process go faster. But we're, I'd say
90% done, and I'll have CDs –and videos-- for y'all real soon.

In the meantime, here's a taste of what it's gonna look like.
https://youtu.be/uLMB0Gqcyo8
This Eleanor Rigby, featuring me with the string track from the original
tune**.

I NEED YOUR HELP!

I just found out that A Prairie Home Companion is coming to Chattanooga!!!
I don't think I have to tell any of you how great it would be to be on this
show. Not just for myself, but for dulcimers in general. AND I'm not the
only one who feels this way; a few years ago someone made me a Facebook
page called "I want Butch Ross on Prairie Home Companion" and here's where
you can really, really help...

If you're on Facebook go to this address and "like" it
https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-want-Butch-Ross-on-Prairie-Home-Companion/132568563454384

And then, if you really, REALLY think it's a good idea, "share" it on your
wall. That way your friends (who are not my friends) can see it and "like"
it too.

And while you’re at it,  you might as well go like my band page (if you
haven't already). It only takes a second...
https://www.facebook.com/butchrossmusic

I know the Facebook thing may not seem like a big deal. But to the PHC
folks, it's an indication of enthusiasm both for the show and myself. It
says you're not gonna miss this episode if I'm on it, and that means a lot
to them (and to me, of course).

Anyway, that's all the news for now. Go watch the video, come see me in St.
Pete if you can. But most of all, if you're on Facebook TELL EVERYONE.

Thanks again for all your support: past, present, future.

C-ya Out There,

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro

*I'm actually terrible against a deadline. But I rarely get anything at all
done otherwise.
**There won't be string parts on the other tunes. But seriously, this video
stuff is what I've been busting my hump on for the last month or so.