[ From Butch Ross ] Workshops and Gigs this week, KY, WV and uh WV.

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Mon Apr 1 15:16:18 EDT 2013

Thursday, April 4, 2013 - 7 to 9PM
*Workshop: Bar Chords for chord melody playing.
*WESTSIDE CHRISTIAN CHURCH
1432 Fairlane Drive, Richmond, KY
*There will be NO CHARGE for the workshop, but DONATIONS to Westside
Christian Church will be accepted*
Contact Nancy Adams for RSVP: nancy4tcc at gmail.com or (859) 625-4220
THIS EVENT WILL LIKELY SELL OUT.

Friday, April 5, 2013 - 8pm
*Frist Friday Coffeehouse
*Trinity Orchard House is located at 4599 Shepherdstown Rd. (Rt. 45),
Martinsburg, WV 25401
$10 suggested donation, open mic beforehand.

Saturday, April 6 - 12:30pm
*Workshops at Blessed Sacrament Church in South Charleston.*
305 E Street, South Charleston, WV
$20 per workshop $35 for both.
Contact Dave Haas to RSVP: dulcimerdave at gmail.com or (304) 382-2000
12:30: Rock Rhythm Primer: Learn the basics of rhythm from the early days of
Rock-n-Roll
1:45: Chords: Bar Chords for chord melody playing.
Brief concert to follow.

Greetings all:

This weekend it's a quick jaunt up through the mountains to teach a few
workshops and play up near Shepherdstown, hope you can make one of all of
the above shows and workshops.

So all over the Facebook folks are posting how wrong the groundhog was this
year. Having grown up not to far from there (*Punxsutawney* was our big
High School football rivals) I could of warned you of the folly of that. In
fact *Punxsutawney is an Iriquois word meaning "Only a fool to takes
divination from a rodent"**
*
*
*For me the end of winter has always been The Ohio Valley Gathering, so it
was great to be there and see all you fine folks, for the entire what was
it, 19 hours I was actually there.*
*
*
*I also use OVG as an opportunity to debut new products ('cuz like
*most* creative
people, I *desperately* need a deadline). Last year it was "All The
Strings, All The Time --my first truly "beginners" bookª *and this year
it's a new things I've been teaching at workshops called "in 3 parts"

In Three Parts is common, and often fairly complicated tunes, divided into
beginner, intermediate and advanced sections. They are arranged so that
folks of all levels can play them together. You can check that out here:
http://butchross.com/stuff.html#3parts

In other news: Work on the CD continues in fits and starts, Folkcraft has
graciously let me borrow a dobro-dulcimer (or dulcibro if you prefer) and
I've gotten most of the other musicians I'd like to have playing on this to
play on this. I know I've said this forever, but soon we'll be close enough
that we can start to get a Kickstarter campaign together.

Anyway, that's the news. Hope to see you out and about this weekend, and up
at Woodburn, Indiana next weekend for Uke Workshops and a concert at
Folkcraft, along with my buddy and great dulcimer player, Doug Berch

Anyway here's those shows again:

[...]

And Next weekend
Saturday, April 17 - All day $20 per person
*Second Saturday Clinic*
Uke with me, Dulcimer with Doug Berch
*Folkcraft Instruments*
22133 Main St., Woodburn, Indiana 46797
SecondSaturdayClinics.com

C-ya out there.

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro

*Which is interesting since *Punxsutawney was settled by the Delaware
Indians.*
*ªYou can check out "All The Strings" here: *
http://butchross.com/stuff.html#book