[ From Butch Ross ] Shows and workshops this week and next: VA. PA. MD, OH, IL, IN

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Tue Sep 13 15:31:14 EDT 2011

*Upcoming Shows:*
*
Wed. Sept. 14, 2011 - 10pm*
Martin's Downtown, Roanoke, VA
http://martinsdowntown.com/
540-985-6278
Free Show

*Fri. Sept. 16, 2011 - 7:30pm*
Clover Lane Coffeehouse, Harrisburg, PA
http://www.harrisburguu.org/Ministry/coffeehouse.htm
$10

*Sat. Sept. 17, 2011 - 1:10pm and 5:10pm*
Appalachian Festival
Frostburg, MD
Frostburg State University
Playing Guitar w/ Ken Kolodner
*
Sun. Sept. 18, 2011 - 7pm*
House concert at the home of Toya Koch
Williamsport, MD
301-991-8692 RSVP
private lessons available.

*Mon. Sept. 19, 2011 - *
Workshop at the home of Doug Snapp, Columbus, OH
3pm The Roots of Rock-n-Roll: Rhythm (ind./adv)
7pm The Roots of Rock-n-Roll: Chord Progressions (all levels)
*
Wed. Sept. 21, 2011 - 7pm*
J.K. O'donnell's, Fort Wayne, IN (US) @

*Thur - Fri. Sep 23 -24 * FARM (Folk Alliance Region Midwest) Bolingbrook,
IL

*Sat. Sept. 24, 2011 - 6:30pm*
The Folkside Coffeehouse Series,
Columbus Folk Music Society
35 Oakland Park Avenue
(Just E. Of High St. & One Block N. Of E.N.Broadway)
Columbus, OH
$7 admission $5 for CTMS members.

Good Lord! where did the summer go?!?

I've been doing a little recording and put a cover of "girl from the north
country" up on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Butch-Ross/55431615966?v=info#!/pages/Butch-Ross/55431615966?sk=wall(there's
no video to see per se, just the tune. I've recorded some other
stuff but it looks like the new CD won't be out before the first of the
year. Anyway, I'm pressed for time, so I'll tell you more about the
recording later.

Cool shows coming up, some in new venues (Roanoke, Harrisburg and a house
concert in Maryland) and a return to some old friends (Columbus Folk Music
Society, JK's O'Donnells) and a couple of shows backing up the always
excellent Ken Kolodner (www.kenkolodner.com). Should be a fun couple of
weeks.

C-ya Out There,

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro