[ From Butch Ross ] Tremont Tavern in Chattanooga this Friday, Florida House Concerts announced and I need your help!

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Mon Jan 17 16:31:55 EST 2011

*Chattanooga Shows
*Friday, Jan 21st
Tremont Tavern
Tremont and Hixon Pike
Chattanooga, TN

The Camp House
1427 Williams Street
Chattanooga, TN 37408
Phone: 423.702.8081
thecamphouse.com
Sitting in on Steve Brehm's CD release party.

House Concerts
Thurs Feb 3, 2011. 8:00 Concert. 7:30 doors.
House Concert at the home of Gloria Holloway
Tampa, FL (Westshore/Gandy Area)
RSVP required.
Info/RSVP, contact: Gloria Holloway
gsholloway at email.com -- tell her you're on my mailing list.
813.837.6572

Date: Saturday, 2/5/11
House Concert in Lakeland, Florida
Social: 6:30p Music: 7:30-9p
Phone: 863.640.1763
Email: Becky_Abel at msn.com -- tell her you're on my mailing list.
Coffee and light snacks will be served between 6:30 and 7:30.

Honestly, I need to either have someone start writing these for me, or
sending them out once a week, 'cuz suddenly there's lots to talk about. Even
if you're not in Chattanooga or Florida, please read (or skim) this as my
scatterbrain is putting all sorts of info in all sorts of places.

*Friday at the Tremont Tavern*
I've come to believe that creativity works on a bio-rhythm, and right now I
must be peaking, in the first four hours of being awake today I've come up
with about four different song/cover ideas. as well as a bunch of things I
want to try out live. The Tremont is a great opportunity to try this stuff
out. There's a lot of stuff that's gonna be on the next record that's gonna
get it's first shake this weekend. Get there early I'm gonna start around
9:30 (I was gonna say nine, and I intend to, but I was being honest).

Also, I'm still figuring out HOW I'm gonna do this, but I'm hoping to be
able to release early versions of the tunes I'm considering for the next CD.
Probably via Reverbnation. More info as it develops.
*
Saturday at the Camp House: Steve Brehm's CD release party.*
Ok this isn't my gig, I'm only sitting in on two songs, but it's an event
worth plugging. Steve Brehm is an awesome acoustic guitarist, he played on
"Shady Grove" (particularly the intro to 'Liza Jane') He's finally released
his first solo CD and has asked me to sit in with him on two songs, I'm
honored to do so. If you're around you should check it out. You can learn
more here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Brehm/178937278799725?v=info

*About The House Concerts*
I'm posting these early because both of these series have built-in audiences
and cap at about 25 people. While I'm very much looking forward to these two
shows, I'd love to see some dulcimer folks out there are well. If you've
never been to one, a house concert is one of the best ways to see live
music. It's not a noisy bar, cover charges, drink minimums and parking are
not an issue. I get to play to a friendly listening environment and you get
to actually hear what the heck it is that i do.

And I need your help part 1
Those of you with an eye for detail will notice that there is a big open
Friday night, I'd really prefer to be working that night in the St.
Petersburg/Tampa (or even Orlando). This could be anything from a small
workshop to a coffeehouse to a house concert of your own (they're not hard
to do and I can walk you through the process) just two or three people in
the right circumstance can make this worthwhile for everyone involved. If
you want to help, email me privately at butch[at]butchross[dot]com put
"Friday the 4th" in the subject line.

And I need your help part 2
I'm looking for 5 or 6 ADVANCED players (preferably with tabledit) to play
through the tabs I've done for "the Moonshiner's Atlas." I need folks to
tell me if there are mistakes, if it's playable and decipherable (i.e. can
you tell what I was attempting to do). The goal is to get the 14 songs
tabbed out in a way that is true to the CD while still staying within the
Intermediate range. Some tunes will be way beyond that, but the lion's share
will not.

I'm looking for 5 or 6 people so that each of you will only have to review
one or two tabs. If possible, I'd like to get this together this week (crazy
I know). It helps A LOT if you are familiar with the "Moonshiner's Atlas"
CD, but will make the CD available online for you to listen and compare
notes to.

If you're interested email me butch[at]butchross[dot]com and put "Moonshiner
Tab" in the subject line.

For your trouble, I'll mail you a copy of the book (and CD if necessary)
once it comes out.

Whew!!! Okay, that's all for this week.

Those shows again

Friday, Jan 21st
Tremont Tavern
Tremont and Hixon Pike
Chattanooga, TN

The Camp House
1427 Williams Street
Chattanooga, TN 37408
Phone: 423.702.8081
thecamphouse.com
Sitting in on Steve Brehm's CD release party.

House Concerts
Thurs Feb 3, 2011. 8:00 Concert. 7:30 doors.
House Concert at the home of Gloria Holloway
Tampa, FL (Westshore/Gandy Area)
RSVP required.
Info/RSVP, contact: Gloria Holloway
gsholloway at email.com -- tell her you're on my mailing list.
813.837.6572

Coffee and light snacks will be served between 6:30 and 7:30.

C-ya out there.

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro