[ From Butch Ross ] Christmas tour starts this weekend and there's a NEW Christmas Album

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Tue Dec 13 00:24:30 EST 2011

*Workshops
*Saturday, December 17th: Three workshops with Butch Ross at the Snapp's
residence (lunch provided) call: 614-313-6424 to RSVP
-10:30 am till 11:45: "Here Comes Jingle Bells" - Novice on up. This
combines a very nice version of "Jingle Bells" that moves right into "Here
Comes Santa Claus."
-1:15 to 2:30: Explore D-F#-A Tuning (1-3-5 Tuning) with Merv Rowley's
Version of "O Little Town of Bethlehem" in the D-F#-A Tuning. We'll also
work on a 1-3-5 version of Vince Guaraldi's "Christmastime is Here"--you
all know it from the Peanuts Christmas Special - Intermediate on up.
-3:00 to 4:15: Fiddle Tunes--work on two popular old time tunes -
Intermediate on up.

Workshops are $20 per workshop--$50 total if you do all three.
*
Shows*
Sat. Dec 17, 2011—7pm
Columbus, OH @ Guitar House Workshop
1423 Chambers Road (Grandview Heights)
$10 Suggested donation.

Wed. Dec 21, 2011
J.K. O'Donnell's
121 West Wayne Street Fort Wayne, IN 46802-2503
(260) 420-5563

Thurs. Dec. 22, 2011 -- 7pm
House Concert at the home of Steve and Linda Gwinn
call Linda at: 440-328-7458 to RSVP

Happy Green Monday to ya (at least for another 20 minutes) I've been out of
the loop for some time now, feverishly working away at my new Christmas
Card CD. Been meaning to do this for a while, but then computer issues kept
me from being able to record until mid November.* So once I got back on
track I put my nose to th grindstone and feverishly cranked this baby
out.** The Dulcimer Christmas Card 2 is 12 new (loosely-defined)
Christmas/Winter songs recorded for dulcimer and other instruments by yours
truly, with a little help form some of my very remarkable friends.

Here's the tracks.

1. O Come Emanuel/ Cold Frosty Morning
2. Angels We Have Heard on High (funky version)
3. Gettin' Ready for Christmas Day (Paul Simon)
4. Merry Christmas From The Family (Robert Earl Keen)
5. Good king Wenceslas (New "dance" version featuring Bing Futch)
6. Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies (no really)
7. Little Jack Frost (Kate Rusby) vocals by the amazing Hayley Graham
8. Let There Be Peace on Earth
9. Judy Garland/White Christmas (Pete Chambers and Bing Crosby
respectively)
10. Christmastime is Here (Vince Guaraldi)
11. The Ballad of Larry (Jonathan Byrd)
12. Happy Xmas (War is Over) (John Lennon) featuring the Tremont
Tabernacle Choir

As before you can listen to the whole thing online, simply by going to
Butch Ross dot com. It's right there on the front page, with a little music
player so you can listen to the tracks as many times as you'd like for
free. NEW this year, is the option of downloading the songs (and liner
notes) directly from the site.

Prices for the Dulcimer Christmas Card are
$12 for the card
$15 for a jewel-boxed CD
$10 for a download

And don't forget the first Christmas Card CD is still available. Check it
out here: http://butchross.com/xmas.html

Of course the Holy Holiday is rapidly bearing down upon us, and the USPS
has only promised to be less efficient than before. So, I can ONLY
guarantee pre-Xmas delivery on items ordered before December 15th.

The CDs will be available at the shows as well. Those shows and workshops
again...

[...]

Merry Christmas, Kwanza, Chanukah, Ramadan, Life Day, Festivus or however
you choose to celebrate the winter solstice. Thank you for making 2011 a
great year for me, and please accept my best wishes for a fantastic 2012

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro