[ From Butch Ross ] Noogapalooza this Thursday! plus the Heartland Dulcimer Festival this weekend.

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Tue Nov 4 15:45:18 EST 2008

- 6 Nov. 08 - Thurs. 6pm - $10
- *Noogapalooza* benefit for Re:Sound
- Rhythm and Brews
- Chattanooga, TN
- website <http://www.ticketbiscuit.com/rhythm-brews/eventspotlight.aspx>
-
- Nov 7-8 2008
- *Heartland Dulcimer Club Fall Festival*
- First Presbyterian Church,
1016 Pear Orchard Rd
- Elizabethtown, KY
- website <http://www.heartlanddulcimerclub.org/>
- with Christie Burns and Heidi and John Cerrigione. See web site for
schedule and costs.

Okay, so my friend Jen has decided to start an organization called Re:Sound
to help musicians learn do the stuff that musicians are terrible at: like
balancing their checkbook. So she's formed an organization that will help
them learn to do that stuff. Thursday night at Rhythm and Brews,
'Noogapalooza will be a benefit for that organization. It will also be a
full-on musical Bacchanal with most (but not all) of the city's best in
attendance to see, be seen, and RTFO. It starts at 7, doors are at 6, it's
$10 bucks, or $8 if you have a T-shirt from thenoog.com, of course they will
be selling T-shirts outside the venue, so you can actually by a t-shirt
specifically to get the $2 off (Although, if that kind of financial planning
makes fiscal sense to you, you could probably use Re:Sounds services too).
Anyway, a great time, a great cause, if you live in town, you should be
there.

This weekend I'll be up at the Heartland Dulcimer Festival in Elizabethtown,
Kentucky. I've never been to this one, but I've heard great things and I
know Lorinda Jones, the organizer, is wonderful. Christie will be there, as
well as Heidi and John Cerrigione. Check the
website<http://www.heartlanddulcimerclub.org/> for
costs, schedules and lodging options.

"Alright, enough" This is how my dad signs off his emails. But wait, there's
a few more things.

Big thanks to everybody that came out to Jerry's festival last weekend, I've
always had a soft spot in my heart for that festival and it was nice to see
such enthusiastic folks. Special thanks to those of you that took the
master classes on Sunday too, that was a hoot.

But I must of hit the button on the Mapquest page that says "mess with me"
because it gave me the most discombobulated directions ever, back roads
small towns, i swear i had to drive through a cola-fired electricity
plant... ridiculous.

Christmas card CDs are back in stock, those of you who ordered should be
getting yours any time now. I hope to have some new stuff for the holiday
season as well, watch this space, as they say.

okay, enough, for real.

C-ya out there.

-Br