[ From Butchross ] Fall Tour: TN, KY, OH, WV and UPDF

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Fri Sep 7 09:18:59 EDT 2007

09/08/2007 06:00 PM
Dulcimers in the park
HWY 76 AT HIRSCH PARKWAY
White House, Tennessee
Cost: $5.00
concert. All proceeds support the White House elementary school
dulcimer program.

09/09/2007 01:00 PM
WNKU Radio Interview
Cincinnati, Ohio
Cost: free
wnku.org

09/09/2007 07:00 PM
The Leo Coffeehouse
Indian Mound Ave. and Montgomery Road
Norwood, Ohio
Cost: $3.00

09/13/2007 07:30 PM
Unitarian Church of Charleston, WV
20 Kanawha Blvd West
Charleston, West Virginia 25302
Cost: pass the hat (it’s really a hat too)
gig because of a song I put on Myspace, How cool is that!

09/14/2007 08:00 PM - Upper Potomac Dulcimer Fest
Hilltop House
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
Cost: $155/$195
notable dulcimer players. More info at dulcimerfest.org

09/15/2007 08:00 PM
Upper Potomac Dulcimer Fest
Hilltop House
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
Cost: $155/$195
instruction. Go to http://www.home.earthlink.net/~updf/fallfest/ for
more information.

09/16/2007 07:00 PM - The Purple Fiddle
21 East Ave.
Thomas, West Virginia
Cost: $5.00
my first time there.

Ahh so many acronyms. Tomorrow I’m leaving for 7 shows in 10 days
anding up at the Upper Potomac Dulcimer Festival in Harper's Ferry,
wheere they will be featuring for teh first time, mountain dulcimer
instruction. I’ll send another email to talk about next weekend’s
shows but I want to focus on this weeken… um tomorrow.

The Saturday show in White House is a benefit concert to get mountain
dulcimers for kids in the school’s music program up there. In
addition to a rare joint concert by Steve and I, there will be
jamming, an open stage, and a performance by the Grand Old Dulcimer
club. Steve and I will be leading workshops early in the morning: One
each for beginners and intermediate players. These are not part of
the dulcimer day (which is free) or the evening concert (which is
$5.00). They cost $20.00 and last two hours.

Sunday, I will be on the radio at WNKU in Cincinnati. Of course
Cincinnati is home to my favorite fictional radio station, but they
may have a great city for radio in general. I’ll be on Sunday after
1pm sometime you can listen online at wnku.org

That night I’ll be playing at the Leo Coffeehouse, one of the oldest
coffeehouses in the country. They’re no longer at the wonderful
moldering ex-church/monastery that they were before, but are still
going gangbusters. Last time I was there it was one of the best shows
I ever played. I’m really looking forward to it.

I’m off to Columbus after that to play for some school kids, I’ll try
to post photos to my blog, and some stuff from my summer too.

c-ya out there.

-Br

butchross.com

notable dulcimer players. More info at dulcimerfest.org