[Butchross] Two good causes

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Mon Aug 4 09:43:33 EDT 2003

1. Just for the Philadelphia Folk

THURSDAY NIGHT, AUGUST 7TH

THE OLIVE BRANCH (UPSTAIRS)
38 S. 19TH ST
Philadelphia, Pa
(215) 636-0804
(Establishment will be serving alcohol)

Time: 8:00PM, BANDS START AROUND 9:00PM

COST: $10  MINIMUM DONATION AT THE DOOR (Please feel free to donate more if
you're so inclined!!)

THE LINEUP IS: STARGAZER LILY, MIA JOHNSON, KEVIN HANSON & FRIENDS, AND
TARALYNNE (From NYC)

My friend Delores' father just had staggering Heart-surgery, (a septuple
bypass!!!) so to help with the ridiculously high hospital bills, these great
Philly musicians are throwing this benefit. IF you don't know these bands,
they are some of the best in town. Go.

2. For the rest of you.

My roommate, Adam Brodsky, is doing something wholeheartedly ridiculous: He
is attempting to set a world record by playing 50 shows, in 50 states in 50
days. Since this logistical nightmare will at some point end up in whatever
state you're currently in. I want to encourage you to go, or tell friends of
yours in other states (especially ones where gutter-mouth Jewish folksingers
don't maintain the esteem they do in say.... Vermont)

http://www.fiftyinfifty.com/ will tell you all about it.