[Butchross] Butch Ross Comes to Pittsburgh, Boston, and Philly (but not on the same day)

Butch Ross butch at butchross.com
Thu Jun 27 23:14:49 EDT 2002

Sun Jun 30, 2002 · 8:00pm · $4.00
The Quiet Storm, 5430 Penn Ave
Pittsburgh, Pa  15206
412.661.9355
opening for Brad Yoder

Wed Jul 03, 2002 · 12:00pm Free
Wild Oats Markets, 399 Post Rd. Westport, CT
Lunchtime show

Wed Jul 03, 2002 · 7:00pm
Club Passim, 47 Palmer, Cambridge, MA
Bruce Springsteen Tribute Show

Sat Jul 06, 2002 · 10:00pm    FREE
Fergie's Pub, 1214 Sansom, Philadelphia, PA
Brad Yoder opens.

Those of you who have come to know me since I overcame my fear of answering
machines know that I have a propensity for being verbose, Nay loquacious.
Yet when I sit down to write these little mailers to you all I get nothing,
nada, zip.

It¹s about 107 degrees outside despite the blistering onslaught of tropical
gale-force storms that have descended upon our fair city in the last few
hours. The sky from my blanket covered window flickers like the inside of
Studio 54 circa ¹79 or perhaps more like the stormy climax of a high
school¹s production of "So I married an Axe murderer". Hot town, summer in
the city.

It¹s been brutal here the last couple a days so what better time than now to
take and outdoor yoga class. The local gym here has a rooftop deck where
they perform yoga in the late afternoon. A friend of mine had a guest pass
(you know damn well that I don¹t belong to no gym). So here I am, standing
on the roof deck high above the city knowing damn well that all the
buildings around me are stocked with people who are watching the fat kid who
can¹t keep his leg elevated. This is why I perform: if I¹m gonna assume
everyone is looking at me, then I might as well be in a situation where I
have some control, (or convince you that -like Andy Dick- this is just part
of the act)

Pittsburgh,
Here¹s what pisses me off about having nothing to say this week: I used to
live in Pittsburgh, loved it. Had a ton of remarkable experiences and
relationships many of which have since shown up in my songs. This is the
first time I been back to perform since I lived there, and I¹m sooooo much
better now. You would think I would have some stupid pithy thing to say
about it, but instead I can¹t think of anything, nothing, nada, zip.

I¹ve never played there as a solo guy. I never kept in touch with my friends
(despite having some great friendships there) So I got no  -what they call-
draw. Brad Yoder is kind enough to hook me up with this show and I¹d like to
there and you think they would like seeing me perform, tell Œem about the
show please.

Hey, I¹m driving to Boston to play a Bruce Springsteen tribute show, I
driving up and back, one really long day. Stopping by to play my favorite
all-natural health food store in the word (although truth be told I¹ve only
ever been to two) It¹s on July 3rd and I¹m playing "Born in the USA" sans
The chorus, least ye think I¹m a bandwagon patriot these days.*

To those of you in my adopted hometown of Philly, I should also mention the
show on July 6th, Trading back the ol¹ gig swapportunity to Brad for the PGH
hookup.  It¹s the closest gig I got to my birthday AND the last show before
I go to England. Did I mention I¹m going to England? (I will)

Come to a show That¹s what I¹ll be doing.

C-ya out there.

-Br
http://www.butchross.com

 Actually I AM a patriot, I really do love this country (no one was more
surprised to learn that than me), My favorite part: the freedom I have to
bitch about what a crappy country it is.

Those shows again: