[Coco] CoCo USB Serial Pak

Don Barber don at dgb3.net
Wed Nov 23 14:04:13 EST 2022

Hi folks, you may remember me from past crazy projects like CoCo RSA. I
made a thing and wanted to share it with the list; the CoCo USB Serial
Pak: https://github.com/barberd/cocousbserial

This provides a direct USB connection to a modern PC, but recreates
(with TTL logic) the 6551 ACIA interface used in the Deluxe RS-232 Pak,
Direct Connect Modem Pak, and most other rs232 paks, so CoCo software
written to use rs232 paks will work with this pak. No need to deal with
parity, baud rate, cross-over null-modem pinouts, etc; the USB protocol
takes care of all that. And its blazing fast.

Its open source so feel free to get your own boards made, modify the
design, etc. Check out the above github link for schematics, PCB layout,
a 3d rendering of the board, etc.

Please note this is NOT a USB Host; it does NOT support peripherals like
mice and keyboards. It *is* a peripheral for a modern PC.

Thanks,

Don