[Coco] NitrOS-9

farna at amc-mag.com farna at amc-mag.com
Fri Apr 1 08:26:56 EDT 2022

Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 20:59:09 -0500
 From: Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com>
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Subject: Re: [Coco] NitrOS-9

On Mar 31, 2022, at 8:57 PM, Steve Ostrom <smostrom7 at comcast.net> wrote:

     anyone thought about self-publishing a new book called, ?The
Complete Guide to NitrOS-9?,

This is a fantastic concept. I suppose we could round up enough
contributors, and write the chapters and such using a shared document
system, to lessen the work. Then one editor could make the style
consistent. Interesting.

If someone is interested in setting up such a site and doing most of the
writing, I would be willing to edit it into a consistent volume. I'm
assuming make it a PDF file that will be for free distribution, print
your own copy. Similar to what I did for "Mastering OS-9". That might be
a better approach -- re-writing "Mastering OS-9" -- although it's not as
good for referencing later.

One unrelated note: I used to open the Malted Media CoCo Archive in my
web browser -- Firefox. It would open to a directory. Now it won't, but
I don't know why. Can someone clue me in? I'm assuming it's some setting
-- Firefox does tell me it's an unsecure site...