[Coco] XRoar 1.0 released

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Sun Nov 28 03:42:46 EST 2021

RETRO Innovations wrote:
> On 11/27/2021 7:37 PM, Christopher R. Hawks wrote:
> > On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 19:08:50 -0600
> > RETRO Innovations <go4retro at go4retro.com> wrote:
> >
> >     -force-crc-match
> >
> > Maybe?
>
> Sadly, no.  It appears the CRCs are force matched by default.

Ah, wires twisted here.  XRoar won't actually refuse to run with
the "wrong" ROM.  If it's the right size in the right place it'll
still run it.  The message about CRCs is just a warning (which I
realise Windows users won't actually _see_ by default...).

-force-crc-match is for something else.  XRoar will use ROM hooks
for some things:  speeding up tape loading, the "-type" command,
printing on the coco, etc.  But if the CRC doesn't match, it won't
do those things (as we don't know that the routine it's
helpfully replacing is the same).  -force-crc-match forces it
to use the hooks even if the ROM looks duff/modified.

..ciaran