[Coco] CTUNES.DSK

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Nov 7 20:40:09 EST 2021

OK, I finally got the ctune disks to work.
You can see them almost working with emulators or a real CoCo as DOS gives the message LOADING then OS and freezes.
You can get the disks to work only with a CoCoSDC system. I have SDCDOS 1.6 on my CoCo3. Both the ctune versions 4 and 5 will start when the sdc explorer program points to the .dsk images and the ENTER key is hit. However since I don't have the psg hardware, I can't play any music.
When you look at the disks, there is no directory data on track17 but there is a short binary program on track34 starting with OS so the DOS command will run the program in track34. That starts the binary program which begins on the first track.
The zippster's site explains the hardware required to run the ctune program but does not describe the format on the .dsk image.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Nov 7, 2021 at 4:30 PM, michaelkline704 at gmail.com<michaelkline704 at gmail.com> wrote:   They're not OS9. You still boot the programme by typing in DOS. I don't remember how's it done. But, you can save a programme on an outer track that uses the DOS command to load and run it.

Michael