[Coco] CoCo Archive down?

Kevin Havens W9JYD w9jyd.ham at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 01:37:37 EDT 2021

Hello fellow CoCo nuts...

I've been a long time fan of the CoCo, had at first a 16k ECB CoCo 1, then
a 64k CoCo 2 (Korean B)... Neither of which I have anymore. However, I do
support the CoCo Pi project, and it's a great way to get a $35 SBC to
emulate the best (IMHO) computer of the 1980s.

Enough introduction BTW. Yes, I am a ham radio operator. That's what the
W9JYD is...

But I need to ask y'all, is https://www.colorcomputerarchive.com down for
any of you? I am using Chrome on Android, and on my Windows 10 PC, using my
Cricket Wireless (AT&T MVNO) hotspot, and all I get is this error:
"ERR_TIMED_OUT". It's been going on since about 12 noon yesterday (EDT).
Still happens.

Some investigation is telling me that the CoCo Archive is running on
DreamHost. This webhost is notorious for blacklisting IP addresses for no
reason. I don't know if my IP address is B/L by the CoCo Archive, DreamHost
or something. Or the site is down...

Can someone verify that it's up? The checker at isup.me says "it's you,
colorcomputerarchive.com is up", but I don't know.

73,
Kevin W9JYD
https://www.qrz.com/db/W9JYD