[Coco] CoCo 1 keyboard cleanup

Charles Hudson charles484 at twc.com
Wed Dec 22 13:01:48 EST 2021

I disassembled, cleaned and reassembled the keyboard components; 52 of
the 53 keys are much improved.  The spacebar is not registering, I
suspect because I damaged the brass contactor in handling.  Anyway, I've
been through it once now and have learned a lot; I can fix this.
Definitely worth doing.

A tip for anyone inclined to do the same:  Get or make a frame (an open
hole in a cardboard box would do) so you can suspend the keyboard with
the keycaps hanging downward, with no pressure on them.  Makes
disassembly and especially reassembly much easier.

-CH-

P.S.  Anyone ever see a Keytronic KB500?