[Coco] ORC 90 ERR 7

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Dec 22 05:24:00 EST 2021

The Orchestra90 pak does NOT use any form or part of Disk Basic. The Orch90 ROM has it's own DOS to do all of it's disk I/O. The MPI should be set for the slot the Orch90 pak is in and the disk controller in slot 4 (last slot). And if I'm not mistaken, an Orch90 disk must be formatted from DECB, but not used for anything else as Orch90 does not use the DECB file structure and sets up it's own directories and file system. The filenames will not have extensions. Oddly, DECB can read Orch90 disks and Orch90 can read DECB disks, but they don't play well together when mixing files on a single disk (IIRC). I may be wrong on this, but I don't think so.
I'm not sure it will work with the CocoSDC (never had one to try). Since the Orch90 DOS access the controller directly, it must be 100% compatible with a disk controller.

If you're having problems writing to disks under all DOS's, then I would thing there's a problem in the controller. Have you tried another controller?

Bill P.