[Coco] Some details on CoCo 1 ROM burning

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sat Dec 18 12:41:33 EST 2021

I’m not sure what format the files you acquired are (probably binary) but you can verify by trying to open them with a text editor. Intel Hex usually have lines that start with a colon and a hex number (i.e. :20). Intel S records usually have lines that start with ‘S1’ followed by some hex numbers. Binary files will just show up as a bunch of garbage in a text editor.

As far as programming the EPROMs, yes, a starting address of 0000 and the hardware will decode it to the proper address in the 6809 memory map.