[Coco] Is there a modern replica CoCo for sale?

Rocky Hill qbancoffee at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 17:03:44 EST 2021

 Nice to met you too!
Well, populating can be a pain but if you are using surface mount components it's usually easier and cheaperto use an assembly service. For the PEPPER and Daiquiri boards I used only surface mount components from JLCPCB's inventoryand I made sure to design the boards with components on only one side.. JLCPCB manufactures in batches of 5.
The CoCo 3 board is a different story because I copied the original board as best I could so that meant using allthrough hole components. Realizing that people may not want to solder, I started working on a CoCo 3 board that will mostlyhave surface mount components making it easier and cheaper to build. I'm also adding some imrovements and I call it the CoCo++
Here is the repo.GitHub - qbancoffee/cocoplusplus

|  |  |

|  |
GitHub - qbancoffee/cocoplusplus

Contribute to qbancoffee/cocoplusplus development by creating an account on GitHub.

-Pedro

    On Friday, December 17, 2021, 01:45:36 PM EST, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:

 On Dec 17, 2021, at 11:18 AM, Rocky Hill via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> 1>Athena is a CoCo 3 replica board and being a fan of the BSG reboot and this being a clone board, I named it after "Athena" the good clonerather than "Boomer" the bad clone. Yes I know they are cylons but they are clones......
> You can get the kiCAD project from the bit-preserve project and order the boards from your favorite PCB manufacturer.
>
> -Pedro

Oh, hey! Nice to "meet" you. I didn’t know the name behind the YouTube handle.

Do you know of service that will build and populate PCBs?