[Coco] Is there a modern replica CoCo for sale?

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Fri Dec 17 13:54:24 EST 2021

On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 17:15:03 +0000 (UTC)
Rocky Hill via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

>  1>Athena is a CoCo 3 replica board and being a fan of the BSG reboot
>  1>and this being a clone board, I named it after "Athena" the good
>  1>clonerather than "Boomer" the bad clone. Yes I know they are
>  1>cylons but they are clones.....
> You can get the kiCAD project from the bit-preserve project and order
> the boards from your favorite PCB manufacturer.
>
> -Pedro
>
>     On Friday, December 17, 2021, 11:35:44 AM EST, Keith Monahan via
> Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>  Allen,
>
> I'm sure other more knowledgeable folks will reply. But I do know of
> two things:
>
> 1> I saw a new CoCo motherboard at CoCoFest. I'm not sure if it was a
> 1> 2
> or 3, but a project like this is definitely out there. The project
> name escapes me, however, it's something like Athena. Or some greek
> god name. I want to say John of 3D printer coco raspberry pi400 cases
> fame had it with him. I do believe it's early on in the project.....
>
> 2> CoCo3 FPGA. It's a reimplementation inside an FGPA. Not exactly
> 2> the
> same thing because of the form factor, but still pretty useful and
> relevant, I think.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Keith
>

> On 12/17/2021 11:16 AM, Allen Huffman wrote:
> > I’ve seen various projects where folks build new Apples, Commodores
> > and TRS-80s. Sometimes they require an old chip (like the Commodore
> > SID sound chip, though replicas of that also exist).
> >
> > Does anyone sell a modern CoCo 1/2 replica?

    Lessee, New CoCo3 board, GIME-X, CoCo-MECH keyboard, CoCo3 case
(from John Strong).

    Somebody's gonna be busy selling brand new CoCo 3 real soooooon!

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
"Some scientists think that the sun may have something to do with global
warming."                                  --  ITV News, UK, 30 May 1996