[Coco] Pardon me for asking...

Charles Hudson charles484 at twc.com
Sun Dec 5 17:40:33 EST 2021

I have owned a Color Computer Model 1, catalog 26-3004, for about two
months.  It came to me as a 16k machine with Basic 1.1 in ROM.  I
already had a Color Computer Disk Drive and the interface card and
wanted the machine to drive them.

For these weeks I have been reading the mailing list but this is my
first post here.  I soon discovered that I needed to replace the 1.1 ROM
and add Extended Color Basic for the purpose or communicating with the
drive.  I also read that it was possible to exchange the CPU for an
Hitachi and to replace the 4116 RAM with 4164.

I'm working on the ROM replacements; that's not completed yet.  I have
replaced the CPU and the RAM, and the machine boots to the Tandy Basic
1.1 prompt, but when I issue the "PRINT MEM" command the result is about
14k.

Without going into long detail let me say I'm pretty sure I have the
jumpers set wrong.  I'm writing to ask if anyone can point me to the
correct configuration.  Thank you for your replies.

-CH-