[Coco] Large file deletion fails on NitrOS9/6309

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun May 31 21:40:45 EDT 2020

On Sunday 31 May 2020 20:25:50 Jeff Teunissen wrote:

> Yes, that sounds exactly right, and probably a good idea.
>
> On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 6:31 PM Tormod Volden <lists.tormod at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Jeff,
> > Thanks for the explanation. So for a disk image / file system with 1
> > sector/cluster, it would break if a file has a segment using e.g.
> > both LSN 2047 and LSN 2048?
> > Maybe for a start we could include a check in Toolshed os9dheck for
> > this?
> >
> > Tormod

I have to gently disagree guys, as its papering over a bug in rbf.mn. I'm
no longer able to help, but in the long run this bug should be found and
squashed.  The dcheck check should advise the user of the problem since
this is an admittedly rare case.  With 2 hard drives, one dual formatted
and running a cluster size of 4, and one fully os9 formatted running a
cluster size of 16, both one GB drives with now very long grey hair,
this is not something I have ever encountered.