[Coco] Large file deletion fails on NitrOS9/6309

Jeff Teunissen deek at d2dc.net
Tue May 26 16:37:35 EDT 2020

My disk isn't larger than 128MB, they're normal CoCoSDC-sized
127.99-megabyte "super floppies". It's the file that is causing something
in NitrOS9 to explode.

New information: the same file, on an otherwise-empty SDC image (machine:
6309 CoCo3, Boomerang E2, CoCoSDC), causes NitrOS9/6309 to crash with a
random BOOT FAILED error on my CoCo3 when trying to delete it. A similar
thing happens in MAME 221, only it just hangs the machine solid.

the same file reads and writes fine, it's only deleting it that causes the
system to explode.