[Coco] Largest sdcard supported by SDC?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue May 12 16:08:44 EDT 2020

On Tuesday 12 May 2020 14:50:01 Arthur Flexser wrote:

> It is my understanding that purchased Sandisks are frequently
> counterfeited versions, so it may be that Samsung is innocent in this
> case.
>
> Art

Huh?  I was trying to say that SamSung and PNY Just Work..

I've been working with a single 64GB PNY since before my heart attack
last fall, installing raspbian buster about 2 weeks after it was
released.

I've added two SSD's to that kit, putting a swap big enough to work on
one of them, a 120GB unit on a startech sata-usb3 cable, and a 240GB
used as workspace to build a realtime kernel, source is 3.5GB but the
output is only 30 megs and have built a git clone of LinuxCNC at least
20 times since, installing the whole thing to that PNY, along with
keeping that raspian image uptodate 2 or 3 times a week, when I wasn't
in the shop getting my ticker fixed.

That PNY hasn't even lost the dot over a lowercase i in all that.  You
could say I've gone to heroic lengths to keep scratchpad writes away
from it though.  With only around 6GB actually written to the that
micro-sd card I expect its wear leveling to survive several years &
maybe me. But I've got stuff to do that needs warmer weather and no
wind. Cabin fever has set in & I'm sick of the rain, its too darned
biblical...

> On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 2:00 PM Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net>
wrote:
> > On Tuesday 12 May 2020 13:49:39 Allen Huffman wrote:
> >
> > The Sandisk is and always has been, trouble looking for a place to
> > happen, I walk right on by the pegboard with that crap on it.
> > SamSung, PNY just work.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis