[Coco] Booting Nitros9.

Alex Evans varmfskii at gmail.com
Mon May 11 12:14:51 EDT 2020

This RAM being faster than ROM thing is mostly a (relatively) recent
phenomenon (like when RAM started to used more complex access
characteristics to make up for being so slow). On most classic home
computer platforms it is just as fast or even faster (for instance,
ROMs were moved into RAM on Amigas because they could be patched, and
because accelerators had faster access to on board memory than they
did to system memory RAM or ROM). With things like CoCoSDC, SuperIDE,
and CoCoFlash, you can rewrite the ROMs easily enough, and I believe
booting from ROM would be faster than booting from disk.