[Coco] Booting Nitros9.

Jeff Teunissen deek at d2dc.net
Sun May 10 00:45:24 EDT 2020

Cobbler, os9gen, etc. actually do work on CoCoSDC hard drive images;
as far as the hardware is concerned, an SDC virtual hard drive is just
a really big floppy disk. And if you have an SDC, you could just boot
off that, right?

That said, it is certainly possible to put a NitrOS9 boot loader onto
a ROM, and therefore possible to put one onto a bank of the CoCoSDC,
into a bank of Jim Brain's Flash Pak, etc.

Boisy Pitre had a CoCo in his pickup truck, that I think he removed
the original Color BASIC ROMs from and replaced it with a full OS9
kernel, but that's not really the same thing you want.

Brett Gordon also has CoCoBoot, a semi-universal boot loader that
understands CoCo hardware and is capable of loading and booting OS9
off a hard disk. CoCoBoot may or may not be ROM-able.

The odds are that no one is doing exactly the thing you want, but if
you want to do it, there are probably people who will help you do it.