[Coco] CoCo Disk preservation...

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue May 5 23:02:00 EDT 2020

On Tuesday 05 May 2020 22:33:16 Allen Huffman wrote:

> > On May 5, 2020, at 9:17 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Are you thinking of the cat-weasel Allen?. I know of it from my
> > Amiga days, but never saw one.  Too many sheckels for me.
>
> Not sure. It came up within the past five years and I remember going
> to the web page. Folks were talking about it here or on Facebook about
> it adding RS-DOS support. I’m not sure what that means. I mean, a
> sector is a sector isn’t it? As long as the density and tracks per
> inch and stuff match?

The intersector data gets played with too.  And then there is the amiga
trackdisk format, which has sectors but no index, so it reads the whole
track, and rewrites the whole track for a 1 byte write. Thats why you
cannot use an amiga drive in anything else.
> 		— A

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis