[Coco] ANNOUNCE: CoCoFEST! Challenge

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Fri Jan 31 13:17:40 EST 2020

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 08:53:31AM -0600, Allen Huffman wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2020, at 1:30 PM, John W. Linville <linville at tuxdriver.com> wrote:
> >
> > CoCoFEST! is coming...what have you got to show? Or to talk about?? Or
> > to demonstrate your retro awesomeness???
>
> This is very tempting. I need something to get me back in gear at least with the pending article series I have in my subethasoftware.com Drafts folder.
>
> John, how big is the retro thing you were doing, as far as participants?

RetroChallenge would usually have 2 dozen or more entrants, from
all over the world. I am hoping to get a half dozen participant for
CoCoFEST! Challenge, maybe more.

Writing a CoCo-focused series of blog posts would probably be a good
project. Here are some other random suggestions:

 - blog series on CoCo restoration (retrobriting, badge replacement,
 composite video mod, etc)

 - video series reviewing all the Tom Mix games (ditto for Diecom
 or others)

 - blog about using a Dragon with a variety of printing options

 - video of building an interface card to control animatronics with
 an MC-10

 - <your crazy idea here>

:-)

Write-up your project idea and post them either here or on Facebook,
then start your project on February 15th!!

John