[Coco] Maximum CoCo Drives

David Gettle david17361 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 14:08:04 EST 2020

All you need to do is attach all 4 drives to the floppy card with a cable
made with 5 card edge connectors, Then use dmode and modpatch or another
hexidecimal editor to modify the drivers for the additional floppy drives
and include them in the new file list for when you create your new boot
disk. when done you should have drives with the drive ID's of 0, 1, 2, and
3. if you are using the same type drive for all of them the drive ID is all
you need to change. use the save command to save the files from memory
after you modify the descriptors in memory with dmode ie dmode /d0 drv=2
then use modpatch to change the name of the descriptor inside memory (I
forget the exact address of the byte that needs to be changed it's been 25
years since I did this.)