[Coco] hard drive formatting error: device not ready

David Gettle david17361 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 19:25:32 EDT 2019

I have a zip 100 drive attached to my TC^3, but I cannot format a new disk
with it, I keep getting the error that the device is not ready, Cloud9 set
up the software for me, but I cannot get the silly thing to format a new
un-used disk!  I'm having the same issue with a new CF card attached to the
Cloud9 IDE card. I do not have any Zip disks formatted for the CoCo to test
read.

I am not having issues with Drivewire (I can format drivewire virtual
disks), or accessing my pre-formatted CF card that Cloud9 set up for me,
and I can format both 5.25 and 3.25 inch floppy disks with no issues.

Any suggestions on what to do to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David G.