[Coco] OT: Hurricanes Are No Fun

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Thu Sep 20 00:30:27 EDT 2018

On Wed, September 19, 2018 11:43 am, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
> Living 10 miles from the coast and 1/2 mile from the North East Cape Fear
> River here in North Carolina, hurricane Florence give us a direct hit.
> Anyone who thinks hurricanes are no big deal and think you can just shutter
> your windows and wait it out are STUPID!!
> I just watched my home and the homes of several family members and the homes
> of many friends be swallowed by water.
> Yes, we are safe and have turned my mother's church into a family shelter.
> So, when they say hurricane... RUN!!

Happy to hear you're safe. I hope you have insurance and can restore things soon.

We live in Vermont and thought we were safe -- until Irene turned us upside
down. We evacuated to my wife's mother's place 10 miles away. We returned not
expecting to have a house -- our house was okay from the floor joists upward,
but we lost everything in the basement, all our lower gardens down to bedrock,
and some outbuildings. We'll never be complacent again -- and watched
Florence, which was following the same path as Irene initially, with great
trepidation.

Dennis