[Coco] NitrOS9 fun

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 19 10:06:08 EST 2018

So, I finally had time to get back to NitrOS9 on my COCO.

It's a COCO3 with 6809 and 512K of memory, MPI FD502

with 2 drives and an HDB-DOS+ Drivewire PROM.

My intent is still to get NitrOS9 on a SCSI with my TC^3

controller.  Obviously, the first step would be to build a

new system that had the TC^3 drivers in the bootfile.

And that's where I find myself.  I made a new Bootlist

and a new MB Script. Every time I tried running it system

just hangs.  So, I decided to try manually running the

commands from the script.  I can't even get thru a format

without hanging the system.  I tried it with a real floppy

and with a Drivewire mounted disk.  I tried giving the

format command more than the default memory.  Zip.

I have another COCO3 and will probably change them

out for another try, but I hardly expect this could be a

hardware problem.  Unless someone here thinks maybe

this points at a problem with my memory expansion.

Otherwise, I am at a loss.  I assume people are actually

doing things with these systems but I can't seem to

get it to do anything.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

bill