[Coco] 512K upgrade for CoCo 3 on eBay

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Tue Feb 6 11:46:49 EST 2018

There was one brand of upgrade board that did not shorten one pin key
that would reach though the connector and short out a line to the CPU,
instantly letting the magic smoke out.
That said, this since this one was used is probably not one of them.
As soon as I can find it in the midden heap, I plan on shortening that
pin and will offer it for sale.
It took a lot of searching to find out what killed my 68B09E, but the
"good" part is that I socketed the replacement 63B09E.
Bruce W.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/512K-RAM-upgrade-for-Tandy-Color-Computer-3-/162888999277?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255
<https://www.ebay.com/itm/512K-RAM-upgrade-for-Tandy-Color-Computer-3-/162888999277?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255>

 > Does anyone have any experience with this eBay Seller?  How about the
memory upgrade?  Seems a bit expensive - can anyone comment on what’s a
good price for something like this?