[Coco] RS-232 Pak problems

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Feb 4 12:16:15 EST 2018

On Feb 4, 2018, at 7:35 AM, Christopher R. Hawks <chawks at dls.net> wrote:

> Allen:
>    Not knowing anything about the cable. Try the DB25 end to be sure...
> Sounds like the transmit portion is working.

I have no access to the DB25 end. It is plugged into the RS-23 Pak.

I used a multitester to verify the cable passes all nine lines through.

I use breadboard jumper wires plugged into the DB9 for testing. This lets me jumper signals from the RS-232 Pak and use three other wires to go between TX, RX and GND of the internet device's DB9.

I find this is a common thing, with modern devices only having TX, RX and GND. However, none of the common solutions seem to work on my RS-232 Pak which makes me wonder if mine is defective.

I have a backup pack in Storage, but it has had its address hacked to use the Modem Pak address. If I can find it, I will give it a try.

I also have a KenTon DUAL RS-232 Cartrdige but I do not have the cable for it.