[Coco] WiFi CoCo (video)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Feb 2 12:17:35 EST 2018

> On Feb 2, 2018, at 11:07 AM, rietveld rietveld <rietveldh at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Perfect. Thanks
>
> So all I will need is my deluxe rs232 pak with a db25 to db9 cable?

You will need either a null modem cable (with TX and RX swapped), or a null modem adapter. In my case, the cable I bought was:

DB25 male - to DM9 female

I am using a DB9 male-to-male null modem adapter to hook this cable to the WiFi stuff.

I could have saved a step and just bought a DB25 male to DB9 male null modem cable, but since I already had a 4-pin DIN bitbanger cable to DB9 female serial cable, I got matching ends so I could use the same parts.

> Also will the WiFi setup use the RS232 PAK's built in software?

Anything that can talk 1200 baud (the default of the ZIMODEM firmware that must be loaded to the ESP8266 first) will work, but that terminal program in the RS232 pak was awful. If that’s all you had, though, yep.

		— A