[Coco] Coco Swiss Army Knife for newbees / anyone..

Ron Delvaux wdelvaux at cox.net
Thu Apr 26 08:23:50 EDT 2018

A recent post to the Coco Facebook group (summarized)...

Me; I was thinking of someone making a program to test the processor 6809 /
6309 and the memory and the Gime version

and if connected wether the MPI is upgraded and anything else that might be
cool all in one utility program...Sound cool?

Me; All this stuff in a Swiss Army Knife program

 <https://www.facebook.com/william.g.pierce?fref=gc&dti=2359462640> Bill
Pierce That's doable... code for each thing is already available... we just
need to add it all together under a menu system.

Me: It would be cool to have a dials and buttons look but I know its hard to
code all that. My chrysler dash has guages that peg and then go back to
normal

when you first start it up....so cool maybe that would be a cool thing to
simulate some of the dials when you start the program!

And maybe ident the sound card chip in the MPI

 <https://www.facebook.com/william.g.pierce?fref=gc&dti=2359462640> Bill
Pierce Coco Swiss Army Knife
W/Dials, Gauges, and Buttons (graphic)

1. Coco Identifier - IDs the Coco as 1, 2, or 3
2. 6309 Check - Checks for the presence of a 6309 CPU
3. RAM Calculator - Displays amount of RAM available
4. RAM Check - Checks RAM for faulty chips
5. ROM Check - Checks for installed ROMs and versions
6. Check GIME - Checks the GIME version (86 or 87)
7. MPI Check - Checks for the presence of the MPI
8. MPI Upgrade Check - Checks if the MPI has been upgraded

Me:  That is the whole Idea....all in one instead of hunting down little one
liners here and there...hence / easy

What do you guys think??