[Coco] Pre-CoCoFest Announcement: DwTerm - A RSDOS DriveWire 4 Terminal Program

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Thu Apr 19 18:26:51 EDT 2018

On 4/19/2018 2:32 PM, Allen Huffman wrote:
> On Apr 14, 2018, at 2:14 PM, Michael R. Furman <n6il at ocs.net> wrote:
>> DwTerm - https://github.com/n6il/DwTerm <https://github.com/n6il/DwTerm>
>> A RSDOS DriveWire 4 Terminal Program
> Just heard this on CoCoTalk.
>
> How hard do you think it would be to abstract those routines so we could start patching things like Ultimaterm, Greg-E-Term, etc. to do DW like this?
>
> Also, it opens up the possibility of doing a DW enabled Remote Terminal Driver so someone could run a BBS.

Not quite a BBS, but I had my os9 system  running over the web via DW
using "Telnet  BBS Server V1.4a. I offered it up to the list.  Had a
couple people log in to it. But all I got was negative feedback pretty
much saying that I was wasting my time.... nobody interested. One person
said why the  hell would I do that when I can use my pc which is much
faster, better, etc etc.

Personally I think it's a good idea, and doable now without having to
re-program anything.  I guess half the fun is making it work. Good luck
to you.  If you get one going, I will log in. :-)

Seems the list is good at dissing stuff, but not so good at
encouragement.   A bunch of grumpy old farts... he he :-)

Cheers.

Tim

--
Tim Fadden
"Hey Schmidt, don't forget about the six P's.