[Coco] Coco3 repack and Ed's mini mpi

rietveld rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 10 15:31:33 EDT 2018

Just wanted to sing the praises of Ed' mini mpi. It is literally the size of a SDC yet is a fully functional mpi
I was fortunate enough to pick up a vintage (early 90's) coco3 repack. I wanted to honor the builder by keeping that technology together but also add the benefits of Darren's modern disk solution (SDC). I have replaced the disto floppy/ hard drive controller with the mini mpi. I then put the disto controller in slot 2 and the SDC in slot 1.
The coco now boots up to SDCX but can easily use the vintage pair of floppy drives and the disto controlled SCSI drive by simply typing 'DRIVE 0, OFF'. Definitely the best of both worlds with the help of Ed's and Darren 's great hardware