[Coco] Introduction, Hello world\n ;-)

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Sat Apr 7 18:56:17 EDT 2018

I've been lurking for a while and decide I'd come out of the closet ;-)

Hi, I'm Neil and I have 1 Coco 2 and 1 Coco 3. I think I have a cassette
interface, one of the floppy interfaces and OS9 Level III (? it's in a
SynOro binder). I also have 2 Sardis ST-2900s (can run UniFlex or the
CoCo's OS9) I haven't booted them up since 1989. I'm in the process of
pulling together everything and I'm not ready to boot.

At the moment I am working on my EPROM Burner (Smart Zap from Micro Kit)
from the back of the Computer Shopper. I'm almost ready to do a test burn
of some EPROM. I'm converting the Atari ST GFA Basic code to Python3 and
Ncurses.

I also have several Ataru 8 bit machines (my first machine), a NEC PC8201-A,
a Peripheral Technologiess 68K, and a lot of other computers (not really sure
how many).

Sorry I won't be able to join you for CoCo fest. But I hope to ask a lot
of questions in the future about running NitrOS9 on the CoCos and the
ST-2900s. While cleaning up the house I've been finding these machines
and good looking media (I got luck and stored it safely). So now I'm
working on getting some into the VCF museum in Wall NJ and the rest in
some kind of working order to show off. :-)

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com