[Coco] GIME DRAM address mappings

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Thu Sep 28 10:29:14 EDT 2017

On 9/28/2017 7:58 AM, Robert Gault wrote:
> Jim,
>
> This is outside of my area of knowledge but your description doesn't
> seem quite the same as that in the Coco3 service manual. I could be
> wrong. :)
>
> Page 15-  Memory Management Unit (MMU)
> This only deals with the stock 125K-512K addressing.
The information on page 15 is correct, in that the top 3 bits of the
virtual address are mapped to the top 6 bits of the physical address.
My information does not contradict that, it only states that the
multiplexed address lines come out slightly different from the GIME.

> Page 97  Pin layout and rough details of the inside contents of the GIME
Can you be more specific?  I don't see any contradiction on first
glance, but happy to be wrong.

> Robert

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com