[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: CoCo with serial #175 just listed on ebay

jdiffendaffer@yahoo.com [ColorComputer] ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com
Tue Sep 26 13:15:57 EDT 2017

Relisted it with a corrected description.
It's a later production run, Tandy just started the serial numbers over.
I'm guessing it was related to a board revision.

When I found it was a newer board I was tempted to open it, upgrade it, and sell my CoCo2 instead.

 This machine is a bit of a puzzle.
The border around the keyboard matches the first case style.
My original CoCo was from 1982(?) and it's catalog number is different.
But the silver border keyboard came out shortly after my machine, and the white CoCo 1 came out in 83?

With this bit of information, we could collect serial numbers and come of with a more accurate estimate of the number of CoCos that were sold.
Just determine what the largest number of each generation was and total them.
That's no guarantee of accuracy though.  My MC-10 has a socketed ROM as if it's an early model, but the serial numbers seem to have started at 200000, which would make it #92.