[Coco] MMU testing utility

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Fri Sep 22 13:24:59 EDT 2017

On 9/22/2017 5:17 AM, Tormod Volden wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 7:07 AM, RETRO Innovations wrote:
>> Is there anyone in the community who might be able to write (or direct) me
>> to a simple ML program that can test various aspects of MMU operation (CRM
>> page, MMU tasks, mmu registers, etc.)?
> Hi Jim,
>
> I have written a test program for my GIME-compatible MMU. It doesn't
> test tasks (yet) but all the task 0 DAT registers, and that CRM is
> present or away when it should.
Many thanks.

Since you're here, I wanted to ask:

On your MMU design, since you're on the cart port, how do you prevent a
write to your cart from "bleeding through" to the internal RAM?  I see
how SLENB can be used to move the RAM off the bus for reads, but I don't
how it will prevent a write from happening. Of course, by redirecting
all reads to your cart, the only issue is graphics, correct?  How do you
handle that?

Jim