[Coco] UK PAL CoCo1 Repair

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 08:58:33 EDT 2017

Well, if power seems goods, and the IC’s seem good, I think I’d take a close look at
the reset circuit if you haven’t already.

If that looks good I might start poking around with the scope, probably starting at
the CPU/SAM looking for the expected signals and bus activity and working out
from there.

It sounds as if the video system is working ok, so you’re probably good there.
It does sound like a CPU/memory problem of some sort.

You may want to verify the BASIC ROM just to make sure it hasn’t been corrupted/damaged
in some way.  Just to make sure the system isn’t simply crashing on bad ROM code.

- Ed