[Coco] Optimizing 6809 Assembly Code: Part 2 – Speedup Storing Data – Unrolling Loops

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sun Sep 17 20:28:45 EDT 2017

Wow, this is making me think I should do some research on the CoCo3FPGA.  The long-standing version with John Kent's 6809 core is not 100% cycle accurate to the real 6809 and it generally runs a little faster. It would be good to have a chart with cycle counts on all of the instructions.  Of course there is less need to optimize for speed when the processor is running at 25 MHz.

Dave