[Coco] Optimizing 6809 Assembly Code: Part 1 – Quick and Easy Changes to Speedup Your Code

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 20:06:31 EDT 2017

wordpress wants me to log in and I don't want to look up my password, so
I'll comment here.

     Even more speed and space are saved when using
     *indexed* LDA or STB and STA or STB changed to
     LDD or STD as:

I'd say something like

     ... when accessing adjacent bytes in memory ...

since the "indexability" of a record in memory is something of a broader
topic.

I'd have more comments, but I'm not sure where you're headed.

2017/09/16 7:33 "Glen Hewlett" <glen.hewlett at sympatico.ca>:

> Hi All,
>
> I just posted Part 1 of a series of blogs about optimizing your assembly
language programs. If you are into 6809 assembly programming I encourage
you to check it out.

https://nowhereman999.wordpress.com/2017/09/14/optimizing-6809-assembly-code-part-1-quick-and-easy-changes-to-speedup-your-code/