[Coco] CoCo 3, SDC & CCEdit?

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Fri Sep 15 04:23:49 EDT 2017

David, from reading the instructions, I noticed that to load a new file in CCEDIT, you must first set the file name you wish to load using the CTRL-R command, and then use CNTRL-L to actually load the file. Are you doing that?

Stephen, I was able to run CCEDIT on my CoCo 3 using my CoCoSDC with any issue. However, it occurred to me that this is a new (to you), relatively untested CoCo 3 you are using. Before we assume the problem is either CCEDIT or the SDC, perhaps some tests on this 30+ year old computer would be a good idea. First, if you are using a multi-pak interface, disconnect it and plug the CoCo SDC directly into the CoCo 3 and try running CCEDIT again. If you are not using a multi-pak, or CCEDIT still does not work with multi-pak disconnected, download and run a good memory test program and a diagnostic tool and test your CoCo 3.